Frequently Asked Questions
What is The Beltline Boil?
The Beltline Boil is a neighborhood festival on the Atlanta Beltline’s Eastside Trail that focuses on the community’s vibrant live music and local eats! The featured event of the festival is a friendly Low Country Boil competition between local restaurants competing for a $5,000 prize to be donated to a charity of their choice! At the inaugural event in 2014, 4,000+ hungry attendees enjoyed Low Country Cookin’ from One Midtown Kitchen, Two Urban Licks, 4th & Swift, Barcelona, Bantam Pub, Loca Luna, Metro Fresh, Parish and Serpas! Bantam Pub took the crown as the crowd’s favorite boil and won $5,000 for Operation P.E.A.C.E!
Are Tickets Required?
Yes, tickets are required for those 12 and older. Tickets options include:
Event Admission: $5
– includes all day event admission, live music and access to food truck and beverage concessions. **no food included with this ticket type
Buy Event Admission Tickets
Chef’s Competition Ticket (includes Event Admission): $20
– includes all day event admission and Chef’s Competition For Charity Low Country Boil tastings (Noon-3pm only)
Buy Chef’s Competition Tickets
Where exactly is the festival?
The Beltline Boil is located in the green space beside the Fourth Ward Skate Park alongside the Atlanta Beltline between Ponce De Leon & Inman Park. The physical address is 830 Willoughby Way, Atlanta GA.*Be aware that there is no automobile parking along this road – we encourage accessibility by way of the Atlanta Beltline Eastside Trail
There’s no parking? How do I get there?
The Atlanta Beltline Eastside Trail connects Midtown, Poncey-Highlands, Historic Fourth Ward and Inman Park – all within 3 – 20 minutes walking distance to The Beltline Boil. While we encourage our attendees to ride, walk or run to the festival,for those driving from further away, we encourage you to utilize private lots or public parking in areas that have access to the Eastside Trail.
See the access map: HERE
Eastside Trail access points are conveniently located at:
- Monroe Dr & Piedmont Ave at Piedmont Park
- Amsterdam Ave at Amsterdam Walk / Piedmont Park
- Corner of 10th Street & Monroe at Piedmont Park
- Ponce De Leon Ave (behind Paris on Ponce)
- Somerset Terrace
- Historic Fourth Ward
- Ralph McGill Blvd at The Block Lofts
- Willoughby Ave at the Fourth Ward Skate Park
- Inman Park
- North Highland & Elizabeth Street
- Irwin Street & Krog Street
Is there a bike rack or place to stash my board?
The Beltline Boil features FREE BIKE / BOARD / SKATE VALET service provided by the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition. Check your ride in and rest assured that it’s in good hands.
Are Families and Pets Permitted?
All ages welcome. Guest under 18 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. Ticket required for all guests over 12 years old. Pets are allowed but must remain on a leash at all times inside the festival.
Is the event wheelchair accessible?
Yes, entry to the event is ADA accessible from the Atlanta Beltline. Please be aware that the entire event site is on grass in a City park green space.
Should I bring cash? Are there ATMs on site?
Admission, food and drink sales are all cash-only. We have ATMs on site.
What’s provided at The Beltline Boil?
- Portable toilets
- Trash & recycling stations
- Food and beverage sales
- Lost & found service
- Safety and medical services
What am I allowed to bring in?
- (1) sealed, plastic bottle of water per person
- Personal soft backpack or bag (subject to search for prohibited items)
- Soft-backed collapsible chairs
- Point-and-shoot digital cameras (with no detachable lens)
- Pets on leash
What am I not allowed to bring in?
- Hard-backed chairs or non-collapsible chairs
- Framed backpacks or bags
- Food or Beverages
- Coolers or picnic baskets
May I leave and come back?
Re-entry is permitted and free of charge for those still wearing their festival wristband.
How can I participate in the Local Business Marketplace
Do you own or operate a local business in proximity to the Eastside Trail? Contact Michelle@rivalentertainment.com for information on how to promote your business at the Beltline Boil.